Friday, June 5, 2009

Snakes

While Tia, Matt, and the ladies were here the other day, we all took a trip to the fabric store. I let the boys each pick out a square of quilter's fabric, and told them we would make something with it later. I had no idea what to make, but knew we would come up with something.

The next night, I was reading a new blog I've come across, and found this snake tutorial. I thought it was the perfect project for the fabric, the boys agreed. While Mya napped yesterday, the boys helped me pin the fabric, cut it out, guide it through the machine, and finally fill it with stuffing and beads (whatever the technical terms for those things are). They were so excited, and the snakes turned out great. Taye walked around the rest of the night having conversations with his snake. Darius made a 'pond' with a blanket on his bed for his snake to sleep in, because his snake sleeps in water. This morning when he showed Nana, she asked if it was a water snake, and he told her "No, Nana! It's a fabric snake!"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Those snakes are adorable! I can't believe I am using those two words in the same sentence, but it's true.
Anna

me said...

to bad you don't do anything with your kids...maybe you should try camping?

me said...

DORK - i know what you meant. I'm just saying if you went camping more than once a year my head would explode from my video game existance of big assedness