Monday, June 1, 2009

I stand corrected.

Today we spent hours running errands. Our last stop was Walmart, and as we pulled out of the parking lot, Taye asked where we were going. I told him we were going home, and he got upset. He managed to convey (in his own Taye sign language-y way) that he wanted to go to Market Basket. I told him we just went and would go again in a few days. That was not what he wanted to hear. We went back and forth for a few minutes before I got frustrated. I said something like, "Taye, we've done all the errands we have to do, it's almost dinner time, we need to go home, and I'm not talking about it any more."

His immediate response was, "But when you say you're not talking about it, that's talking."

Anyone want a 4 year old?

1 comment:

me said...

why oh why are they smarter than us?

ps - when you get a sec, I would like your opinion on 2 blog posts I did about camping, they are the ones titled Tips and tricks. Anything I missed as I am an only parent and don't think of the multiple issue?