Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Party animals

This past weekend we had two parties to attend. Actually, more like three parties, since one was a double birthday party at the mecca of outdoor fun called the Dorsey's house. We started with a nice stroll down to the beach. The weather ended up being a bit nicer than the forecast said, though I'm pretty sure this crew could have fun at the beach in a blizzard (but let's not.)

We enjoyed watching the waves...



playing in them...



and running from them!



We enjoyed visiting...



and relaxing.



Of course, there was sandcastle-making...



and mudhole splashing.



Flying babies...



and tons of cuteness.



When we all had our fill, we made our way back to the house (or more accurately, the yard). It was time for the three P's of a birthday party;

Presents...



Pinatas... (I wish I knew how to put the ~ over the 'n' - it will bug me forever)



and peace cake! ;o)



Of course, there were Hoodsies as well, Mya stole mine, no fair.



OK, ok, I give, it's fair!



Then there was playing in the yard...



and the marsh... (so glad my kids have no interest in the marsh, I will enjoy it while it lasts!)



and lots more cuteness!


As usual, the kids didn't want to leave. I imagine I now know what my parent's went through trying to get us to leave the Carey's house after a visit. I remember they always used to make us little goodie bags of treats to bring in the car when we left. Nothing like a little bribery :o) - and hey, it worked!

Sunday Luis' friend invited us to a BBQ. The boys had fun, and it was nice to finally meet some of these mystery 'school people' he spent so much time with. His friends were very nice, obviously he has good taste (he did pick me, duh!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

To get the ~ on the n, I go to a spanish website and copy and paste! I have no idea if there is an easier way or not! Awesome pics as always.

Joanine

Anonymous said...

ascii code alt+164 (laptop users need to used Num LK and alt+jou)


luiscbnmmmmmui