Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter

This year we decided to scale back on Easter, and spend most of the day at home. We also hid the baskets for the first time this year. I thought I picked easy enough spots, but the concept seemed to be lost on them at first. Taye's was in the cabinet, with the door open a crack, so he spotted it after a few minutes.



After a little while we finally had to suggest that Darius look inside the egg chair. They were very happy with their treats.



(shameless plug...)


Mya sat watching and thinking, "Its Easter, and all I got was this stinkin' rattle..."


After most of the candy was consumed, the boys went into the kitchen to dye eggs.


Despite the fact that I didn't have the right kind of vinegar, I think they came out pretty well!

According to Darius, they tasted pretty good too.

We hung around at home for hours after that, just enjoying each other's company. It was very nice. In the late afternoon, we went to Nana and Grandad's for dinner and visiting. I hardly saw any of my kids the rest of the day. We had a really fun time.

No comments: