Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy weekend...

We hardly had a chance to catch our breath this weekend, it was very busy. Saturday we went to Maeve's birthday party. I would love to share some pictures from the day, but alas, I cannot. You see, I forgot my camera, and while I was told by someone who shall remain nameless, that unlike when I say I will email pictures and then take days to do so, she would actually email me pictures that night, yet I still have not received that email. So we will skip ahead to Sunday.

Sunday we had Mya's baptism. Finally. Matt and Tia are the Godparents, and they came up with the girls. Gramma Donna, Mom, and Jim came to the church, and Nana and Grandad met us at the house afterwards. Gramma did the first reading for us, while Mom and Jim babysat all 4 kids and took pictures! They won the multi-tasking award for the day. It was a small group, which was actually very nice. I felt like we had time to visit with everyone.


Mya was the sixteenth baby to wear the Christening gown that Mom made for Fran(k) in 1981. I love having that gown around, and if I have anything to do with it, my grandchildren will wear is someday too. :o)


We attempted a post-ceremony photo shoot, but it wasn't so successful. We gave up and headed out.


At the house there were plenty of opportunities for photo shoots. With all the snazzy dressers...


Cuddly Kodak moments...


And just general, all-around cuteness...


Matt, Tia, and the girls stayed until bedtime (and beyond!) Somewhere around dinner time, Luis got the awesome idea to order pizzas, build a fire, and take the party outside.


In the Random Moment of the Day, I overheard Taye telling Olivia, "Did you know your teeth are bones? See? They're white!" I'm sure she was thrilled to know. :o)


There was swinging...


and sliding...


Even Lupita got in on the action (which makes me wonder how many 3 year olds you know who name their dolls something as awesome as Lupita - I love it.)


And, of course, extreme s'mores making:


This girl has a knack for making yummy messes.


It was a great day of celebration, I think the lady of the hour (well, day) would agree.

No comments: