Monday, January 19, 2009

Woo-hoo! My first award (of many, I'm sure...)

Jean sent me a Tree of Happiness Award for my blog. That means I'm special, yay me! Here it is:

I'm supposed to also list 6 things that make me happy. Here goes;
1. Luis
2. Taye
3. Darius
4. Mya
5. The name Haven Xavier (get used to it people, I don't wanna hear about it - and no I'm not pregnant!)
6. Getting blog awards

OK, so maybe I'm being a bit lazy with that list. I supposed you want me to put some actual thought into it now. Fine then, I will. (*ow ow ow!*) Ok, ok- here is my real list:

1. Numbers 1-4 of my list above, otherwise known as my family. Without them I would be nothing but a lonely calzone delivery driver (mmm...DP Dough...), or a nanny for someone else's kids. I have always wanted to be a mother, and have a hot husband. Lucky for me, I got both. In all seriousness, I am very blessed to have them all. I love them immensely, and they bring me joy every day.

2. Our struggles - sounds crazy, right? Let me explain. We have not had an easy path together, Luis and I. Some of the struggles were our own 'fault' and others were just bad luck, or life's circumstances. Through it all we've stuck together, and never questioned whether or not our relationship was worth it. We always knew it was. We have learned through the years that we can make it through anything together (maintaining a relationship while living 4000 miles apart? No problem.) We've learned to make the decisions that are best for ourselves at that moment, without worrying about what others may think (moving in with mom so we could afford for me to stay home with the kids? Sounds great!) We've learned that not even the dreaded, marriage-killing 'money trouble' can defeat us ($10K Peru trip, 2 dead cars, and paying for a homebirth, all in the same year? Sure, why not?) We've learned that I can have a homebirth. :o) We've learned that we can count on each other to make sacrifices for the good of our family (How about you work full time and go to school full time, while I stay home with three kids by myself all week? Sounds like a plan.) We've learned over and over again that we are strong, and I have reason to believe we always will be. So though I may complain, the struggles we have been through have made us stronger, and more than grateful for what we have. We have learned from them, and for that they make me happy. The night we got sent back to Peru last year, as we crawled back into bed at 3am, we had no idea what the next days would bring. I told Luis that night, "You're still worth it - but don't push it!" Well, he pushes it every day, but he is still worth it.
3. The anticipation of a tax refund that will (barring any getting-stuck-in-Peru type catastrophes) pay off our debt, including the car loan, and will maybe even leave enough to start one of those mythical "savings accounts" we hear so much about. One less struggle, I promise we've learned from this one, the lesson can be over now!

4. Pictures. I love to be surrounded by them, to take them, to stare at them endlessly. Someday I will learn how to really use my camera, and that thought makes me happy. Lately its this one I can't get enough of:

You want to talk about happiness - look at that face!

5. This blog. I love that I have a record of our lives, something that we can all look back on and remember the little things (and the big things). These days will fly, I know it, and before long we will start to forget. I am working on printing this blog into a book (well, several books actually), and I know that I will always treasure it.

6. The "Frosty, Live" video published above (if you don't see it yet, wait for it, its coming!) I could watch it all day, those two crack me up.

There, how's that for thought? If you made it through #2 without falling asleep, congratulations! I think I'm supposed to pick 6 other people to give the award to, but alas I don't have 6 other blogs that I read. I suppose that means my true love will never talk to me, or that I will not help cure little Johnny's mysterious illness, or even that Bill Gates will not send me $1000. I guess I'd better start finding some other blogs, so I can be better prepared the next time. Thanks Jean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amendment to #2: you did all those things AND wrote a book! (all in the same year)
Bravo, lady!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.