Monday, January 19, 2009

Daddy's Birthday

Thursday night while Daddy was at work, the boys and I prepared for his birthday. They helped me bake him a secret, surprise cake, which we hid on top of the fridge when it was done. Then, while Mya slept, we all made birthday cards for Daddy. Darius used lots of stickers on his, and Taye had me print out Batman and the Batmobile.


Friday morning, I was in bed when Luis and the boys came downstairs. I heard "Daddy, we made you a cake! Its on top of the fridge, up there. Lets put fire on it and eat it now!" So much for the surprise.

When everyone was up and ready (and after Rebecca and Kevin left) we sang 'Happy Birthday' and brought Daddy his cake and cards. Our gift to him was a learn to snowboard package at Mt. Wachusett. He gets to go in 2 weeks, and gets a lesson, a rental, and a lift pass for the day. He has talked about learning to snowboard for a while, for some crazy reason he thinks it sounds like fun. I guess I'm about to become a snowboarding widow. :o)


No comments: