Monday, January 5, 2009

The 1st Annual Gingerbread House Making Invitational Tournament

Let me start off by saying, this better actually become an annual tradition. My blog has already lied about the "First Annual" trip to Boston Children's Museum, lets not add another lie on top of it. Plus, this was just way too much fun to not make it a tradition. Taye cried when we had to leave the Carey's house, and both boys are already asking to go again.

The competition began with a flurry of activity. Everyone was excited to get started, as plans were made and materials were gathered. We had 1.5 hours to complete our masterpieces.


Unfortunately for our team, the interest soon faded, as another, more exciting, house was discovered. (I am on a mission to find out what house this is. I love it, and someone in this house will be getting it for a birthday, as soon as I figure out who made it!)


Darius did try to help out by taking out some of the competition:


With time to spare, Luis and I managed to complete our house, which was definitely first-prize worthy, as you can see.



Once everyone was finished, Gramma kicked us out to begin the judging. Don't be fooled by her serious appearance. We were, but we quickly learned that she can be bought. We're planning to start the kissing up ASAP, so that we will be a sure bet for first place next year. (We love you Gramma!)
We had first place swept out from under us by these rule breakers. Last time I checked, pictures of Gramma are not edible. And I was not impressed by Joanine's offer to eat it as proof, I remember we once convinced her to take a bite of a dog biscuit, clearly she'd eat anything once!

Our beautiful house took second place, without a bit of cheating, which means we really won first place.

I feel like I am forgetting someone.....Oh yeah, that Mya kid. Well, she was there, though I hardly saw her. She was too busy making the rounds. She didn't even miss me one bit, whats up with that?


After the cheating, um, judging was done, the party continued. We ate a delicious meal, followed by several delicious desserts. We spent the rest of the night visiting, talking, singing. It was so much fun.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know who that fat old lady judge is in your picture - certainly it is not I - your lovely, young grandmother. I surely thought you would be a more gracious 2nd prize winner. You are making me cry.
Gramma Donna

Mama said...

Oh Gramma, don't cry. You know it is all in fun. And, of course, you are my lovely, young grandmother. :o)