Monday, July 28, 2008

Play-Doh

I have recently been inspired to craftiness once again, not for me this time, but for the boys. I believe I showed off my craft cabinet one time, but the truth is it has stood half empty for months. I didn't know what to put in the bottom drawers (you know, the ones the boys can actually reach and get into?) It finally dawned on me that I could put the boys' craft supplies in there (minus the paints, of course) where they could actually reach them to use them! Duh, I know. So anyway, I have been in an (mental) organizational frenzy since then trying to decide where to put everything, and how to contain it all neatly in drawers. I can't actually put anything in there yet since we are planning on emptying it so that our houseguests will have somewhere to store their clothes when they come in a few weeks, but I am planning how I will fill it when I can. :o)

The point of my story is that I have been putting out a lot more craft stuff lately, and it has been fun. The other day we brought out the Play-doh.

Here is Taye, hoarding the stash:


He wanted me to make him a "Mack" and nothing else. When I asked him if he wanted to make something he said, "No, I'm too little." Where the heck that came from I have no idea.


Now honestly, how cute is he?


Darius needed a little encouragement at first too. It came in the shape of a worm:



Feeling inspired, he got straight to work:


And voila! His masterpiece, a spider:

As for Taye's masterpiece?

Well, here it is:

No comments: