Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Celebrations

Thursday we all met up in Marshfield for the fireworks. We spent the day enjoying the beautiful weather on the beach, and headed back to the Dorsey's at dinner time for a cookout.


After dinner, Katy and baby Brooke came over. Brooke was the instant main attraction of the evening, and was showered with love (as it should be!)


I'd just like to go off topic for a minute here and talk about Karen. Not only is she an awesome photographer, whose talent I envy, but she has this incredible, funky fashion sense. I think I am even more jealous of that, I just wish I could put an outfit together like she can. The other night she was in a particularly eye-catching ensemble. I wish I had a better shot (like one of the many I took from the front) but she is very modest about her good qualities, and only chose to share this one. Still, I think you will agree, it is a stunning work of fashion art.


So anyway, once it was almost dark we all walked back down to the beach. Sinead was an immensley huge help to me with the boys, for which I am eternally grateful, especially since Luis was working.


There are no 'official' fireworks in Marshfield, the people who live there just set off their own on the beach while the authorities look the other way. So you could say we were pretty close to the action. So close, in fact, that I almost got Taye killed, but we won't get too much into that. Suffice to say that he is fine. I love fireworks, and loved being right down among them. It was certainly a new way to watch. Credit for these pictures goes to Karen, none of my nighttime ones came out.

We were all completely wiped out by the end of the night. Both of the boys were asleep within 3 minutes of leaving the Dorsey's.
Friday we were invited to the Grinley's for a cookout. It ended up being one of those days where everything took about 10 times as long to accomplish as they normally would. So you could say we got there a little late. But we still enjoyed ourselves for the time we were there. I love the 4th of July festivities, and this year certainly lived up to expectations.

No comments: