Monday, August 9, 2010

Beach Day

On Friday, we went to the beach with the Dorsey's and a whole slew of their friends (yes, they actually have a literal slew).

There was lots of fun digging in the sand...


There was wading...



and swimming...



jumping...



and spinning.



There was even a boat.



There were sandcastles...



sand wrestling...



and sand burying:



There was lots and lots of fun.

And there were cookies. A common denominator in every packed dinner, a wide variety. And this girl tested them all.
It was so much fun, we had a hard time leaving. So we stayed until dark, and as we got in the car, Darius told me, "One day we should call the Dorsey's and ask them if they want to go here again." I have a feeling I know that answer.

Beach Quotables:

Mya (standing at the water's edge): "C'mere water! C'mere water! I DAID C'MERE!!"

Darius: "I only want to give Jean all the heart rocks I find, just so she'll know how much I love her."

Taye: "Hey Mama - I'm a stranger to my strangers!"

No comments: