Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blueberry Picking

Last week we finally got around to blueberry picking. It was the last week, according to the website, so we figured we may as well. Before heading down to the blueberries, we stopped in the parking lot to swipe some blackberries.


The boys are old pros, and got right down to business. Darius actually filled almost his entire bucket (Taye filled almost his entire belly - just like Daddy).

It didn't take Mya long to catch on, she is a fan of blueberries and was highly motivated.
Somehow I got roped into making blueberry pie. I'm not sure whose idea that was, but it was a first for me. It was very soupy the first day, but I think that was more to do with the fact that it came out of the oven about an hour before bedtime, and we just had to have a piece. It was much better the next day.


We also made really yummy blueberry pancakes, and really, truly disgusting (I just threw them in the trash) blueberry muffins. I have no idea where I went wrong, this recipe had over 3,000 reviews and almost 5-stars. Whatever it was, it was very wrong - disappointed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mum...Looks like lots of fun lately..xx will u make me sum pancakes 4 bfast??Peas!