Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun at Ikea

Continuing my catching up...

About 2 weeks ago, we met Matt, Tia, and the girls at Ikea. We had planned to go to Boston for the day, Luis even took the day off work, but it was raining all day. So Matt came up with Plan B, and off we went. It may sound strange, but Ikea is surprisingly fun. We got lunch in the cafeteria, where Toy Story was playing, and Taye and Olivia could roll around on the floor.


After lunch, we went down to the lower floor to shop. That is where all the fun little knick-knacks are, you could spend hours looking around. The kids had a ball running wild, and catching rides in the carriages (or on shoulders).


One of the highlights of the trip was our major score in the "as-is" section. Matt's uncle works there, and I jokingly told Matt to ask him if they had any egg chairs hiding in back, since the boys love them. Well, Matt asked and his uncle delivered! I was so excited, we got it for about $25 instead of the $80 it sells for. The boys will be getting it for Christmas (shh...don't tell).

Luis also got himself an adequately uncomfortable desk chair for studying, and Tia got the lampshades she had been dreaming of. All in all, it was a very successful trip. Oh, and we got to spend some more time together too. That was the last time we saw them before they drove home, but it was ok because we just replaced them with some Irish people...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think I forgot my camera that day, didn't I? Would you mind if I copied your post and added a "guest blogger post" to mine? hehe..